Monday, October 18, 2010

CROSS CONTOUR drawing

Here is my process to my Cross Contour process. I began with setting up and spreading out in the kitchen. I found my scale to be extremely hard. I have always struggled with large proportions. I do think that I was able to achieve a good size, yet something that must be improved on is my LINES! This is something I know is a struggle for me. I have noticed that its something that possessed all the better drawings I see in class when we share, and I NEED to learn how to take time and honestly think very hard about the lines I put down.
I am fairly glad with the way things look but as always Amy keeps reminding us that even the best artists can improve and usually always put a "wrong" mark down. I know this needs improvement and I am interested in maybe reaching out and going to a tuesday free life drawing class. I think that the extra time will allow me to play around with other ideas and and methods i have and also of course give me practice. 

Getting set up to draw. 
First few lines put down. Again, I know I have heavy mark making. 

I like how this ended up. I didn't want to over work it (I have a tendency to do so.) I'm fairly happy with this. Although i know this needs improvements, but i do like that i did not over work it. If Im prone to anything it would be adding too many more harsh lines. I know that maybe my long axis needs to be fixed. but I will see about how my review goes. What i am most interested in, is the India Ink. I saw a few in the halls in the spring and I can not wait to see how mine will turn out. Until then i need as much practice as i can get to make sure that i can produce something that reflects how genuine interest in this class. 





1 comment:

  1. I think you, perhaps, struggled a bit with keeping lines light as well. I like the gesture of your cross-contour lines, they really build form in the shell. I'm not sure about the line added in as a shadow. I can't decide whether I like it or not. I'm looking forward to seeing the next one!

    ReplyDelete