Sunday, October 3, 2010

WEEK 3

Getting the assignment to construct the spinal column with the clay and models was a tough assignment! I didn't know how to go about doing this, and if there was a right way to go about doing it.  Once getting settled in class, and observing everyone else's clay models I knew I wasn't the only one who felt less than confident in my assignment. Amy did a mini lecture about what are some helpful tips we can use for the next time around. I feel less anxious about the next clay assignment with them in the back of my mind. 


When thinking about human figure drawing, I never expected the body to be drawn from the inside out. It is so much fun and different than other drawing, where you think about compositions, perspective, color and positive and negative space. Personally its showing me a new appreciation for animation, and character drawings. Being able to have your own style of drawing people is something that I would like to be able to do someday. 


On Thursday we got a large lecture about the rib cage, and its relation to the spinal column and the torso. It was a long and complicated lecture but Amy did a good job making going slow and explaining it in an easy to follow way. We also practiced with the live model doing gesture drawings.


I find myself getting mentally tired out by the end of class, and even a little before it. I hope that I'm able to over come that, because I understand that practice is the only thing that will help me get better, and more focused with the position in front of me. 


I hope that next week well be filled with lots of drawing. With all the new information I'm gaining from each class I'm excited to apply more of it to my drawings. I'm looking forward to producing a well proportioned gesture drawing, that has my own since of style in it. 





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad i'm not the only one that feels mentally unstable at the end of class! It's a lot to remember from your stance, the movement of your shoulder, and then the model that you're actually drawing. This week was super tough for me, there definitely wasn't enough coffee on the entire campus to help get me through it without a little bit of sarcasm. see you in class next week!

    ReplyDelete