Sunday, October 10, 2010

WEEK 4

OOPS!  


I forgot my password to my gmail. I almost started to panic. 


During life drawing this week, Thursday's class probably was the most significant for me. Amy had us extend our drawing utensils so were were forced to draw lightly and slowly. This has been an issue that I have struggled with pretty much since I was little. I love to mark make, and draw hard. Plus I also have discovered I draw pretty fast. This was so much help for me. I finally started to get the hang of it by the end of class, and it kept my attention span. I notice myself keeping a short attention span during this class, which is very unusual. I'm very interested in improving, and if I start to keep in mind that I need to slow down, and LIGHTLY draw, I'll be better at observing what is in front of me. 


We also got our first project to draw (as pretty as we can) a cross contour drawing of out shells. 
I love my shell because the shape of it is so beautiful. The contrast between the rough, and smooth curves of it will be fun for this assignment. We are also told that this piece should be done within 5 to 6 hrs. With my new found mental-notes from Thursday, I think this will be a great start to try to practice and exercise this idea. 


Lots to do! and it's fun that the ball of the class started to roll, and we are into the actual meat of the class. I'm looking forward to a week of hopefully, lighter drawings, slower speed, and practice. I know I have not put many pictures up on my blog yet. Sadly I can't find my Camera charger.. It's very annoying but I've decided I need to go to the Resource Center and rent one out. I hope to have some pictures to share with you later this week! I'm finally starting to produce some forms that I would like to share, until then.. 


Take care everyone and happy drawing! 




This is one of my first gesture drawings that I was practicing in class. I think I was fairly successful at showing that she was bending over her knees with her back to me. 

trying hard to find the pubis bone


No comments:

Post a Comment