Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard Week!

I already posted something in class about our Hand's study from Tuesday. That day was pretty interesting, because I was drawing Julia's hands terribly. I have a picture of it so you can notice how scary it is. I will have to play around with someone else's hands and redraw it till I get it right. Im scared I wont have a lot of material to choose from. Annie and I talked about going to the open drawing this Tuesday. Im kind of excited to possibly get some more good works. I also find that I am more devoted to homework at night time. I focus better at night. 


On Thursday we learned about the Skull and it was a nice little intro that I'm sure continues into Life Drawing II. I like to look at my friend Missy Hoch's portraits and they are beautiful. I find that drawing realistically is extremely hard for me. I am learning how to draw forms but I tend to find myself putting my own weird twist on them. I think it's a mix up between this class, with beautifully accurate drawings and learning about more works from Modern Art History. All those figures are so expressive with the unique forms and different stylized artist eye. I makes me want to jump in and just start making weird figures also with arbitrary colors and fun curves. 


I am kind of bummed that I didnt get a chance this semester to study a male figure. I bet I'd probably blush a little more seeing a male figure. I am so used to K and her body, just like how I'm used to my shell. 


Anyways, I was having a lot of fun drawing and I noticed that Im finally starting to draw lighter and get darker. I'm also able to map out the shapes and figures more. Observing negative space helped me a lot with the skull.


Sadly in class I found myself going from focused, to just DONE. When Amy did come over and helped me she showed me still that my nose proportions were off by a lot. It was hard to come back from that. I just ended up adding some shading and called it done. 

1 comment:

  1. I find myself now at the end of the semester being burnt out and calling some of my works done, when there is still definite area for improvement. I think many of us get like that towards the end.

    ReplyDelete