Sunday, December 5, 2010

FIRST WEEK OF DEC

Oh wow, it's already December. The end of the semester is already here, and it's that time of the school semesters I wish that there were more hours in a day. 


Life drawing was a short week for me. For some reason I came down with a strange 24 hour common cold. I could not get out of bed on Tuesday and didn't really fight it. I think I needed the rest. Julia and Annie were in class though, and all they told me was that Amy had assigned TONS of muscles for us to do... ohh man. 


On Thursday I was feeling a lot better and we did some drawings.  It was a nice fun day because the class was really talkative and everyone seemed to be openly on the same page. Not drawing for a week really seemed to set everyone back! Gesture drawings seemed like they were a second. we were moving so fast. It hard for me to draw a rib cage in the short amount of time which was frustrating. We ended up moving to longer poses of K. We were suppose to draw a hour in a half of her pose. I was struggling so much that day I ended up drawing four twenty-five minute drawings of her. I even asked Amy to come over and help me. I was surprised to hear that yet again, my proportions weren't too far off. Of course I am still elongating parts of the body... I was positioned super weird and probably should have moved around more than just plopping down where I was. I was down low (because I was on a drawing horse) and the stool that she was resting her arm on was kind of in the way. I don't know why I didn't move but I guess I felt more confident and thought that I could have taken on that angle. 


Since the end of the semester is coming up, and I did not receive a great grade on my flicker portfolio, I think it would be beneficial for me, my grade and portfolio to go to open drawing on Tuesday night to hopefully gain more material to choose from. I hope I am able to make it there this week. 


For some reason I liked this gesture drawing

Elongated figure but it was fun to draw


Here in the left corner you can notice me kind of zoning out and doing my own little drawing. This is the one that Amy helped me proportion out. It was soon abandoned. 

Probably the more successful one of the day. I would hope so after drawing 4 or 5 of them. 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see all the parts of the drawing lightly sketched in (aka the ribcage, spinal stuff) that is just a nitpicky type thing though, at least you kept drawing on Thursday, I wasn't really feeling it either and by the last 25 minuted I think I just sat there, really tough to get back into drawing after so long.

    ReplyDelete