Sunday, November 28, 2010

WEEK SOMETHING

This past week was nice because we all finally got break for Thanksgiving. To spend our one day in class we got to go take a field trip to the Walker and the Bell Museum. 


Things got off to a rough start with some minor miscommunication with the busses. Nonetheless we finally got rolling and went to the Walker first. I found it to be very inspiring for another class actually. I signed up for Sculpture II for next semester and some of the pieces there were just what I needed to see to help get my thoughts moving. Yves Klein's work were there and it was really beautiful to see in person! I had no idea that they were there, but he was an artist that really stuck out to me. 


Now, going to the Bell Museum was something that sounded really interesting to me. "Going to a museum to draw dead animals" is how I explained the field trip to my parents the night before. Once I got there it was really not as weird as it sounds. It was one of my favorite things I've done on a field trip here. It bummed me out I didnt live closer to go back and work on other subjects. I ended up drawing a pelvic bone of a cow. I personally think it is one of my better works, and reflects what I've learn, or maybe I should say it reflects my practice well. 



Drawing 

The Cow Pelvis bone

Me. Being so artsy.. 

He was posing. I didn't mind the turtles so much as the snakes.


Amy taking roll for the ride home! 
After the field trip I came home and packed like the world was ending to get home for break. It was such a busy day of Menom-to-cities. Cities-to-Menom....Menom-to-Eagan. 

But I did get a good drawing out of the day, I was inspired at the walker and I knew that my day wasn't wasted my any means. 

Wow, I can not forget that the final ink wash shell drawing is due. I think I might go grab stuff for that tomorrow at Penco and start. Hopefully for all of us the we can keep our heads a float, and enjoy the time we have to create a beautiful final shell drawing. 



5 comments:

  1. Your drawing of the cow pelvis is sweet! I think it looks better than the photograph. Everything on the drawing is proportioned really well and i like the way you used line in your shading, it creates an interesting effect. Now to be a naysayer, sorry, the one shadow on the left side seems a little weird, but other than that, GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the only drawing that you submitted for this week it reminds me of my old roommate (in the dorms) Jake Olson's work. but i gotta go....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your drawing of that cow pelvis is really cool! There's a great amount of depth, and the wide array of contours and curves and turns add a lot of interest. I don't care what Amy says about outlines, I think you worked them perfectly here. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cow pelvis. The line work and shadows look really good! Also, I love your blog! I love your little adventures you do and the photos you post with everything :P your comments are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pelvic bone looks really good! You have a strong receding diagonal, and coupled with your beautiful line work, the variation in lines describe the form really wonderfully. I especially love that you added the little details on the ridges of the bone, such as indentations and exaggerated them.

    ReplyDelete