Sunday, November 7, 2010

WEEK 8

This week in Life Drawing I feel was one of the more successful weeks for me. Both days I left class feeling confident and happy about the work that I completed in class. Both days I noticed that for once, my proportions are finally starting to get closer and closer to accuracy. 


I've been enjoying the long 2 hour drawings we've been doing in class. Today I feel like I had the most fun, and may have produced my best figure drawing. Of course it was dark but it was proportionate for the most part. Ever since I've started to work on the Drawing horses, I find my patience not running out like it usually does when I stand. 


I need to take a picture of that and have Amy give me back my shell drawing so I can present it for MPR. Because of this I am a little cranky with the demands of school. I'm trying to keep my head above water and stay productive. Instead of blogging about what has been going on in class, and my improvements; I find myself prioritizing what needs to get done. Blogging usually takes a back seat. I'm sure this week I will be unfocused, and more concentrated about getting things done on time.. i.e the 2nd contour drawing. Once thursday is over, I'll be able to breathe a little bet more, and maybe focus my attention on the muscles. 


A fast gesture drawing. As you can see, I love to elongate the torso. I didnt bring back any of my recent drawings to show my improvement but I plan to photograph my improvements. 

1 comment:

  1. When we first started drawing the gesture drawings were so nice and quick and interesting and the longer poses (even just 30 min.) felt like they took forever! but as the semester continues I find that I too am enjoying the longer poses more and more.
    Good luck on MPR!

    ReplyDelete