Friday, November 19, 2010

INDIA INK

Hello to all! 
I would like to say that this week with life drawing has been a good one. It didn't hurt that class was canceled on Tuesday. I was prepared for class, because Annie, Julia and I worked on the muscles together again. I think that out of all the clay muscles assignments, this one was one of the better ones, I liked the way things turned out with lower leg muscles. I'll have to take pictures of that, but I left the mannequin in the locker in APPA. 




Announcement: I AM IN LOVE WITH INDIA INK! I went out and decided to go buy more because I have fallen in love. I can not wait to play around with the shell that is due on the 2nd, and see how my final picture will look. I have always loved painting and drawing it was was just a breath of fresh-artistic-inspiring air to be able to do both in the same project. I found myself doing mini studies of the shell on my own time later that evening, and playing around with ink and water. 


I forgot to bring my Shell to class so the pictures I post are of a leg bone with a socket I suspect.  I chose to buy brick red, and it is a very beautiful ink wash, however, drawing a bone.. made it look like I just ripped it out of someones leg. very morbid and  graphic..  haha 


Here is my close up cross contour study of the bone I found in class. 

my bloody bone! creepy but fun!

Annie Julia and I sprinting to the Terrace for a fast lunch break! 





My lovely art supporters working hard! 

3 comments:

  1. Your bone cross contour drawing with the ink turned out so well! What color of india ink is that? Have you tried using tea instead of ink? I love your enthusiam for the ink :)! It looks like you have a great head start on it and your shell drawing will turn out amazing I am sure! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! It was Brick Red, and last I saw at penco they had some of those left. For a while ALL the ink was out due to this project!, I'll follow you and I cant wait to see some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bone contour drawing with ink worked out well. I think that it is great that you attempted the tea. I have thought about using coffee, or other pigments, however haven't braved it yet. I hope your shell drawing turns out to be one of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete