Saturday, November 13, 2010

WEEK 9

I am sitting at my home in Eagan, in my dining room with a glass of cheap wine. I am trying to play catch up with these journal entries, because I was disappointed in my mid-term grade. A quick fix is to put more thought and length into these BLOGGER entries. So that is exactly what I am going to try to do. 
Last week was probably one of the worst weeks out of my whole academic career. I had a lot of stress and build up. Like others lots of school demands and it was starting to take a toll mentally on myself. my grades were coming back from all my midterms and even thought i studied and engaged myself into my work, my grades sadly didnt reflect my efforts. It was like slaps in the face, day after day, and with MPR around the corner it made matters worse. 


but you know, what doesnt kill you (which i thought i was almost dead) makes you stronger, so after a day of marinating in some minor self pity I rose above it and I'm going to try to do my best to change, and make corrections to whatever needs fixing before the end of the semester. 


Life drawing is one of my favorite classes, and one that challenges me the most. I really was not used to standing and drawing, but on the other hand now i do like it because it allows me to get my whole arm into the drawing.


Amy is so mesmerizing to watch when shes drawing. She makes it seem so effortless. I hope that I can achieve at least one faction of her talent and knowledge that she has gained over her years of studying. 
I'm coming to show that i am picking up on proportions and  and when amy does come around and check i am only a few marks off. 


I am learning this year that Professors are there to help, not judge. I've lost sight of this and I am taking more of a stand for myself, my education and my ability to improve and really stalk amy down, and ask her how im doing. Talk to her when she isn't doing a demo. I usually find myself hiding and ducking down, and hoping that she doesnt see mor or forgets to come talk to me. This needs to change. Instead i need to be communicating with her and flagging her down.  I'm looking forward to seeing how my drawing improve and then it will be a win-win because I will be more motivated to post them up, and be available to get feed back from my peers! 




Looking back on some of my first things, this is one of my first shell drawings that i did in class. I am actually kind of  pleased with it. 


Heres probably my better figure drawing. I think compared to the shell I have come a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment