Sunday, November 14, 2010

WEEK 9 part. 2


I have no idea what post this is, but I do know it's Sunday, and one needs to get up here so the TA can read it. I hope she noticed that I added a few things, and commented on other peoples works. All I found myself saying to others was "good job!" and "thats beautiful!" I find myself being critical in class, and interested in browsing around my peers and complimenting them on works that I like. I know it's not exactly 'constructive', but I do know that a compliment is a good thing to throw out there every now and then. Sometimes you just need to know about one so you have a little motivation to keep doing what you're doing. 

Tuesday was interesting, getting to learn about the feet, and when I did look at peoples feet that they posted, and they were really fun to look at. I found myself intimidated when Amy said that that was the next thing that would be studying. Ive always been ashamed of my hands because they are still drawn like how they were when I was a child. I was actually kind of not too embarrassed about my feet drawing of the model. I did a whole bunch of different versions of them also. I did some gesture drawings, and some longer drawing. I found myself doing my own little study in class. It was fun, and I like that we are finally starting to get lengthened time where we can also try to figure it out ourselves. 

On Thursday was my MPR and of course, it was the most aggressive critique of my life. From seeing my grade that I got in this class for the midterm and going through a tough panel, I allowed myself to marinate in some self pity for about a day, and then I finally got a burt of "what doesnt kill you makes your stronger." Im going to try to make sure these posts are up to par. 

Like I stated in my post of WEEK 9... part. 1, I am at home, and my current stuff (the feet drawing) are in my locker in APPA. Im driving back to my home in Menom in about two hours and plan to pick up that stuff. I am looking forward to posting my drawings from Tuesday up along with my one long drawing of the model on Thursday, when she was sitting above us in a chair, like the drawing model queen! =) 


Heres one of my better drawings of the model's foot.


Here is a cross contour study I did during our long period of drawing. I did this one first then the one that was shown above, 


Now here is my beter drawing of her legs. The farther leg looks kind of funny in the picture. but I used my mark making on her knee. 

2 comments: