Thursday, December 16, 2010

Final Thoughts

Flickr account! final pictures added for the end of the semester: 
FINAL FLICKR


Wow! it's crazy to think that this is my final post. I hope that I am able to get a better grade on my "blog" section of the over all grades. 


When thinking about this class, I think about what Present-Alisha could tell September-Alisha about everything she'd learn. 
I know that I still struggle with harsh lines, but I feel like I have gained more knowledge about how the human form is proportioned. I know that I tend to elongate more of these parts but I felt like I am getting the practice to pay attention and notice when it's not needed. 


One of my favorite days that I didn't expect to be was going to the Bell Museum. I think that my drawing of the cow pelvis was probably one of my strongest piece that I drew out this semester. 


The last day of class, we did a really fun thing with K and our gesture drawings. She was putting clothes on to help her stay warm but it added such movement to the gesture drawings. It was a lot of fun, and I could tell we really had to work up to it because after learning about how to read where bones were under the skin, adding clothing made it a little more difficult. I think I have achieved a nice beginner lessons about how to go about drawing figures. I really want to just keep practicing and develop my own style of drawing people.


I have always had an appreciation for correctly drawn anatomy but, now after taking this class I truly know how difficult and how much focus is needed. 


long drawing of K 

K posing with her coat on and with her scarf wrapped around her foot. 30 Sec 

2 comments:

  1. We made it! I am so happy that you have the photo of the sexy headband skeleton. I really enjoyed drawing that skull. I am going to miss having class with you! Maybe life drawing II??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy looking at your drawings and don't think you need worry about getting the proportions correct. From what I can see the proportions in most of your drawings are very good and as you your self said "Amy said I wasn't that far off."

    ReplyDelete